6 Ways to Take the Stress out of Holiday Entertaining
Tis the season for holiday parties and family get togethers. This may sound like a lot of fun, but it can also create some serious stress in your life. Here are some tips to help cut the stress so that you too enjoy this festive season.
- Plan ahead- Lists can make all the difference between a great party with a relaxed hostess and a terrible party with a stressed out hostess is PLANNING! Start with the date and then move on to the guest list, so you know how much food you will need, which will drive the menu list.
- Keep it simple – Once you have your lists, cross off anything that might take too much time, energy, or money. Also, don’t be afraid to reduce the guest list. Remember this is YOUR party and you want to enjoy the evening too!
- Prepare what you know – A party or dinner with many guests is not the time to try new recipes. Stick to what you know
- Work ahead – Prepare as much as you can ahead of time, from the setting the table, to buying supplies to cooking ahead of time. The more you can do ahead the more time you will have to enjoy your company.
- Create a timeline – Put together a timeline of when to do what, will cut down on your last minute frenzy. This can consist of when to clean the house, defrost the food, put casserole in oven, chill the wine and even take a shower. This will really help you stay focused.
- Don’t refuse help – If a family member or friends want to help, let them. Just make sure that you are using their help wisely. Remember, it’s your party, so guide them on what you need done.
And, finally, have a fun, stressless holiday party!