Five Tips for Staying Fit and Healthy on Vacation
You’re finally heading out for that long planned vacation. You know you’re going to take it easy and indulge in some great meals. But, you also don’t want to come home and have to worry about the weight you gained or the workouts you missed. So follow these few simple steps to stay fit while on vacation.
- Is this a beach vacation? If so, a brisk walk/jog on the beach, in the soft sand is a great cardio workout. Plus, that sand can be extra challenging so you’ll get a double benefit from being on the beach.
- Going for a daily swim is great way to get in a complete workout. So, don’t just sit at the pool or on the beach. Get several laps in every day.
- Skip the car and rent a bike to get you where you need to go. More and more cities are becoming bike friendly in the US, with bike rental programs easily available. Not only will you get a workout but you’ll be able to see so much more of the city firsthand.
- Find restaurants close to where you’re staying so that you can walk there and then explore the area after dinner.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Not only will you get a chance to marvel at the buildings you are visiting but you’ll also burning calories.
Taking a week off probably won’t make much of a difference in your fitness level, but any more than that, and it may be harder to get back to your previous levels. Finding ways to stay as active as you can will keep you fit, help you avoid weight gain and make the transition back to real life a little easier.